The Early Intervention Program (EIP) was approved by the Commonwealth in 2004 to help municipalities avoid the distressed status of Act 47
The EIP program offers grants to municipalities in order to hire an independent financial consultant to prepare a three-to five-year financial plan and management review.
Plans outline short and long term financial, managerial and economic development strategies that the municipality can consider implementing to possibly strengthen their financial capacity.
The program is administered by the Governor’s Center for Local Government Services in the Department of Community and Economic Development.
Click here to contact us for more information on the Early Intervention Program
The Pennsylvania Economy League has developed EIP plans for many municipalities including:
- City of York, York County (in progress)
- Shenandoah Borough, Schuylkill County (in progress)
- Silver Springs Township, Cumberland County
- City of St. Marys, Elk County
- Exeter Township, Berks County
- Exeter Borough, Luzerne County
- City of Lebanon, Lebanon County
- Gettysburg Borough, Adams County
- City of Hazelton, Luzerne County
- North Codorus Township, York County
- West Wyoming Borough, Luzerne County
- Cumberland Township, Adams County
- City of Shamokin, Northumberland County
- Plains Township, Luzerne County
- Coopersburg Borough, Lehigh County
- Hanover Township, Luzerne County